When I was a kid and we were getting ready for a fishing trip, we were always prepared to go out and catch a ton of night crawlers. It saved my parents a ton of money on bait when you have about 5 kids from sun up until sun down.
Here are a few steps to catching as many nightcrawlers as possible in a little bit of time.
1. Before it gets dark, take the hose and completely soak your whole yard. Make sure that you are putting enough water in the yard to soften up the dirt so that they worms will make their way to the top. Pay attention to the grassy areas, and really drench that area.
2. Allow the nighttime to settle in for a little bit and the air too cool down a tad. They call them nightcrawlers for a reason. They come out at night.
3. Find yourself a old coffee can or a large tupperware bowl that mom will allow to be use for “worm storage”.
4. Get a flashlight and make sure that it has a fresh new set of batteries.
5. Go out into the yard shinning the light and looking for the crawlers to be sitting on top of the dirt and laying on top of the grass.
6. While the worms are laying on top of the soil and the grass, slowly sneak up on them and slap your hand down on top of the directly over the hole that they came from.
7. While your hand is over the worm, reach with the other hand and slowly pull the worm from gently from the hole.
8 Put some soft soil in the can or container that you are putting the worms in and bamm, now you have some free fishing bait.
If you enjoyed the post today I want you to click on some of the sponsors and show them some love. Additional Camping In Indiana Information.
Incoming Search Terms:
how to catch nightcrawlers
catching night crawlers
how to catch worms